Why don’t you…? How to dress while pregnant.by Carly Jacobs
This post is long overdue. I had several readers (and a close friend who has now given birth to her pregnant belly) ask me last year for a post on how to dress while pregnant but, as I stated yesterday, my cranium was cruising my nether-regions and I never got around to it. So here it is!
Why don’t you…?
* Wear a long, shimmery, clingy dress to a formal occasion? Embrace the beauty of your baby bump? Wear nail polish and sparkly rings? Use bronzer to highlight your gorgeous glow?
* Dismiss hideous maternity pants and have your existing pants altered? See what magic a tailor can do?
* Try being a hippy? Long flowing skirts, wrap around dresses and empire waists? Fabric draping with the line of your new figure?
* Make an effort with your beauty routine? Be sure your eyebrows are always plucked? Wear flattering make-up? Style your hair?
* Do an Audrey Hepburn? Dress in knits? Stretchy capri pants? Black ballet flats?
Julia Roberts- dark, flattering base colour and a chunky necklace. The balloon sleeves balance the silhouette.
Milla Jovovich – Gorgeous grey with sultry red lips and a whole lot of bling.
Katie Holmes does jeans and a baby doll blouse. One does wonder how confortable those jeans are though…
Nicole Richie embraces a casual wife-beater and knit combo.
Gwen Stefani kicks pregnant butt in flat jewellery sandals, Indian prints and flattering lines. The Queen Mum.
What about you? Had babies? Any advice to share with my readers? What article of clothing could you not have lived without during your pregnancy?
Love Lady Smaggle