I am undeniably a creature of habit. I’ll very easily and often subconsciously eat exactly the same thing for breakfast for two years straight. Until someone points it out and then I’ll get all self conscious and eat something else for breakfast… for two years straight. I like having a signature breakfast. It takes the guess work out of morning time.
This got me thinking about other signatures. The decisions we make that define us. You may or may not know, although you probably do because I’m so damn cocky about it, but I now drink my coffee black. This amuses Mr Smaggle endlessly and he loves ordering a long black for me. He says I’m his kooky girlfriend, with the crazy hair who drinks long blacks. It made me aware of how these tiny little decisions become character defining, especially when they turn into habits.
I thought it would be an interesting little project for myself and my Smaggle readers to write a list of our signatures. Oh how fun! I’ll go first!
1. Signature cafe beverage – Long black (because I’m uber cool and awesome)
2. Signature dessert flavour – Strawberry
3. Signature song (the one you famously cut sick to on the dance floor) – Love Shack (baby love shack! Bang, bang, bang on the door… okay I’m stopping now…)
4. Signature colour – Silver/Grey
5. Signature bar beverage – Red wine
6. Signature phrase – Freaking or flipping. For example something was freaking cool or someone was being a flipping cow.
Much like my endless cycle of breakfast cuisine, this list says much about the lady who is Smaggle. It defines who I am right this second. This list has changed over the years (except for Love Shack. B52s FOREVER!) and will change again… but right now, it’s perfect. It’s Smaggle.
So… who are you right now? Share your signatures!
P.S I got Love Shack stuck in your head didn’t I?