How to Style Curly Hair so that it Stays Curly and Frizz Free

How to Style Curly Hair so that it Stays Curly and Frizz Free

Hello my lovelies. This is a follow-up video to… follow-up… on my previous hair videos. I had a light bulb moment where I realised I completely forgot to show you my secret technique for keeping my curls under control and frizz free.

Products used include Moroccan Oil, Moroccan Oil Curl Control Mousse (sent to me from Elise at Stuff That I Bought for editorial consideration), John Frieda Volume Spray and Shwarzkopf Leave In Moisturiser.

If you’re a frizzy haired gal please do follow me on Twitter and Facebook. I like to talk about my hair a lot.

If you don’t have frizzy hair then go and buy Zoe Foster’s Amazing Face that I mentioned in the video and read that instead. Changed. My. Life. Seriously. I finally found another human being who says ‘eye poo’ and ‘grundies’. Get on it.

P.S The feature image is a still from when I was shooting the video and I thought I’d include it because it’s freaking hilarious. I’m all ‘Hair care. It’s no laughing matter‘.

1. Chantelle Ellem 3 years ago

Brilliant. I have in-between hair, but my daughter has hair like you – so I’ll be taking notes and sharing this with her as she grows. Man, I hope we still have the internets when she’s a teen… otherwise I might need to get a real life lesson!

Definitely, so she doesn’t have to suffer the hell I went through in school.

2. Hair Romance 3 years ago

You are fabulous! Love your video. So true about layering products for curls.

3. Acacia 3 years ago

So many products! I have curly hair but have never really tried ‘layering’ products. I swear by Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer, but perhaps I should try something new!

I used to love that stuff! The one with wheat protein? Smells like lavendar?

• Acacia 3 years ago

Yep that’s the one!

4. Anonymous 3 years ago

I do not normally watch beauty how-tos, but this tutorial is made of awesome. I’m inspired! Love the tips and have been thinking about Moroccan Oil for a while, glad to hear it’s as good as the PR would have us believe!

Yeah, it totally is. I was using their oil for months before I got sent the mousse. Which is also awesome.

5. Sallly 3 years ago

Wow, I can’t fathom using so many products on my hair! Especially all on top of each other. Your hair looks nice though

It works! Trust me. But start slow. You don’t want a giant oil slick.

6. Natalie Trevino 3 years ago

Love this! Thanks for the tips. Curly hair girls can always use positive support.

I agree, and it’s all really trial and error.

7. Silvara 3 years ago

Hahaha loved the video! I have wavy/curly hair and it’s mega thick as well. I tend to not let it go au naturale because it does get heavy and frizzy but these tips are awesome!

I’ve been using Morrocan Oil for over a year now and still have my little bottle. Freaking love it!

Yeah, my bottle won’t quit either! But I’m slamming the curl mousse.

8. JessB 3 years ago

FYI, that photo is the bomb. And I love that mirror too. But the seriousness of your face just made me laugh so hard :-D

I take hair care very seriously.

9. francine 3 years ago

thanks for more hair tips. love it.

10. Sarah Wayte 3 years ago

I followed a link from Davinia Hamilton’s blog over here and, being an owner of the curly, frizzy hair you speak of, I was more than a little bit intrigued. Over the years I’ve tried so many different types of products supposedly designed for curly, frizzy hair and it’s only recently I can say that I really like the products that I’m using.

I currently use Aussie Hair Products, namely their shampoo and conditioner designed for frizzy hair, followed by a spray leave-in conditioner which I can also use between washes. My hairdresser (the first one I’ve ever found who knows how to look after my hair!) also recommended a product called Curls Rock by Tigi Catwalk which is absolutely fab. It makes my hair look super curly and seems to last for ages.

I’ve never heard of Moroccan Oil, not sure if it’s available over here in England, but I’ll definitely have a look out for it! Thanks for a great post!

11. Katymc82 3 years ago

Great post! I use Kerastase Nutritive Bain Elasto-Curl twice a week, best thing I’ve found for frizzy curly hair.

Can I ask where you bought your mirror? It is like a fairy tale dream and I must have one ;)

12. hope 8 months ago

Thank you for the helo on my hair im am going tk be trying it out and ill let you know if it works!