5 Slightly Weird Yet Highly Effective Ways To Get Happy Quickly.

5 Slightly Weird Yet Highly Effective Ways To Get Happy Quickly.

Sing A Duet With Yourself in The Shower

shower

I quite like I Finally Found Someone with Bryan Adams and Barbra Streisand, The Elephant Love Medley from Moulin Rouge and obviously the Confrontation from Les Mis with Valjean and Javert. Take it really seriously. It won’t work if you go all pansy on it. Feel the music my friend. Feel the music.

Play A Hand Clapping Game Like You Did In Primary School

Down by the banks of the hanky panky,

Where the bullfrogs jump from bank to banky,

With a hip and a hop and belly flop,

Leaps off a lily pad and goes KER-PLOP!

Guaranteed super happiness. If you’re at work, find someone who knows the rhyme of your choice and smash it out. It will make you feel magical.

Wear Novelty Hulk Hands

hulkhands

Image

… and make sure you get a spare pair for a friend. Pop a bike helmet on your noggins. Belt the crap out of each other. A work colleague of mine and I did this at a special needs school I taught at a few years ago (after the students had gone home of course) and I laughed so hard I thought I was going to stop living. Highly recommended. Although for obvious reasons buy the foam Hulk hands… not the plastic ones.

Have A Conversation With A Friend Without Letting Your Own Lips Touch

Extra points if you do it in some kind of ‘shore’ accent. Like Jersey or Geordie.

jerseyshore

Image

If someone pisses you off… respond like this.

If your boss busts your chops for a late report. BAM! Some douche cuts in front of you at your local cafe. BAM! Highly effective and hilarious. Bonza.

What’s your secret recipe for a quick and dirty dose of happy?

1. Amanda Gonzalez 12 months ago

Playing charades! Just don’t forget your Tena.

Smaggle 12 months ago

Haven’t played that in yonks! Officially on the to do list.

2. Hannargh 12 months ago

Sometimes if I’m having a really poo day at work, I’ll pop into the loo and have a quick boogie to whatever music happens to be playing. I end up giggling because I feel so silly and no one else knows. Works every time!

Smaggle 12 months ago

Ha! I love this! My mate was once at coffee place and there was just her and this teenaged guy there and when his coffee order was called the girl behind the counter called ‘McDreamy? McDreamy?’ and the teenaged guy just had a private chuckle and grabbed his coffe and left. It was gorgeous. No mates around to impress he just did it for himself.

3. Natalie Mulford 12 months ago

Well, watching the video of you certainly made me smile! I’m going to have to remember that!

4. Anonymous 12 months ago

So… I had a conversation with my kids without our lips touching. They went from grumpy kids to happy kids. Worked. Love your work Carls x A

Smaggle 12 months ago

It’s hilarious! My bestie and I always do it! x

5. Keep Warm (Danielle) 11 months ago

If I’m really grumpy I go through an automatic car wash. Something about all the swishy and foamy swishers is a bad mood buster!

6. SMAGGLE 10 months ago