If your mother is anything like mine, you’ll know better than to get her a shit present for mother’s day. When I was seven years old, I gave her a purple grape-shaped sponge from The Body Shop and she’s never let me live it down. I don’t quite know what she was expecting from her primary school aged daughter but The Purple Grape sponge was clearly the lowest point of her gift receiving life. So, in order for you to maintain a decent gift history with your own mother, I’ve been cruising around Etsy to find a few fail safe bits and pieces that most mothers will love… even mine, the fussy wench.
The 2014 Mother’s Day Gift Guide For Fussy Mums
1. Cotton Candy scarf from Rannka 2. Rose Garden lip gloss from Painted Lips 3. Pink Furniture Print cushion from Chocolate Creative 4. Pink Leather Wallet from Gift Shop Brooklyn 5. Moroccan Rose Bathing Salts from Ravens Ct Apothocary 6. Felted Wool Slippers from Agnes Felt 7. Lavender Soy Candle from Craft Caboodle
If your mum isn’t really into gifts why not give her an experience instead?
* A voucher for a manicure or pedicure?
* An afternoon movie date with choc tops?
* Take her out for high tea with champagne?
* Give her tickets to a local theatre show?
* Cook her dinner and make a very fancy dessert?
* Visit her at work with a coffee and some fancy pastries?