Ask Me Anything

Ask Me Anything
W

ant to know what I’d say to my 16 year old self? What I think about powering on through when you’re really sick and should be resting? Want to hear about the worst thing I have ever done in my life?

young pretty woman in town using tablet multitasking

This week on Straight & Curly, Kelly and I celebrate our 50th episode with an Ask Us Anything. Should give you a bit of a giggle this one.

If you had to give your 16 year self advice, what would you say?

P.S Have you signed up for the free Crochet Coach granny square intro lesson yet?

1. Reannon 6 months ago

Love your damn body, it is the most perfect & gorgeous thing ever! If I had listened to those words it would have saved me years of battling eating disorders & even more years of worry.

Carly Jacobs 5 months ago

Oh I love that! Although I was very overweight when I was 16 and I’m normal-ish sized now so it’s not entirely true in my case. Up side is that I feel a lot better about my body now than I ever really have in my life.

2. KezUnprepared 6 months ago

I would say, “You are awesome. Just own it. Be confident in yourself. Don’t take shit from boys. You’ll meet your future husband in two years!”
    (my self esteem wasn’t great) x

Carly Jacobs 5 months ago

Oh I love ‘Don’t take shit from boys!’ I feel like the upcoming generations of women are getting this so much more than we ever did. I love it.

3. Cheekie 6 months ago

I have a 16 yo and I think back to when I was a 16yo and I agree with the girls above , love your beautiful perfect healthy body, look after your mind and you are awesome…I say this to my kid and of course she doesn’t want to hear it on one level but planting seeds and nurturing them…I would not want to be 16 yo today, it’s tough, so much tougher with social media… I would also say to my 16 yo believe it when your mama says she loves you and you are beautiful

Carly Jacobs 5 months ago

I love the idea of planting seeds and nurturing them. They may not be doing anything visible but they’re growing away in the back ground. 🙂