was cruising through Smaggle the other day doing some cleaning up and I stumbled across one of my old Loves and Loathes article so I thought I’d go all blast from the past and resurrect this vintage style post.
Sometimes it’s just nice to list the things you love to show thanks and list the things you loathe to let it go don’t you think?
– Fancy anniversary dinners with my love. Mr Smaggle and I celebrated 11 years together a few weeks ago and we went to Epocha restaurant and it was just lovely. We don’t do fancy dinners often but we thought 11 years warranted something a bit spesh.
– Having my nails painted Smaggle turquoise.
– Saturday morning sleep ins with eggs and tea for breakfast on the couch.
– Weddings. I recently went as a plus one to a wedding with a mate where I don’t know the bride and groom very well but I had a marvellous time. Give me a dance floor and I’m a happy lass.
– Friends who are the same size as you and pop emergency fancy dresses in the post at a moments notice. xxx
– Walking home from the gym every morning and watching the sun turn the Fitzroy streets pink.
– Mr Smaggle’s family farm. We’re heading there for a few weeks of work and I’m so excited.
– This month’s pattern release on Crochet Coach – I freaking love this bag, I’ve been using it every day. I’m also loving seeing people making it! Hot tip – there’s a 7 day free trial available on Crochet Coach this week. Just in case you wanted to give crochet a go but you weren’t sure if it was going to be your bag or not.
– Re-watching The UK Office. Dawn and Tim forever!
– My new hair routine – will write about it soon once I’ve perfected it.
– The final season of Girls. It was really ace. I didn’t love all the seasons, but this one was awesome.
– Mineral water with lime. The non-drinkers dream.
– My 3 month booze ban ending! Yay!
– The road trip from Melbourne to Canberra. It’s SO BORING. I think we’ve just done it too many times. The first 4-ish hours are fine but the last few are torturous. We share the driving, pack snacks and listen to awesome audio books and podcasts but it’s still just draining and a bit shit.
– How I’ve lost 8cm off my waist in the past 3 months of healthy eating and exercise and I’ve lost only 2 kilos. It’s madness. I KNOW I shouldn’t care but it’s REALLY annoying. I also just don’t know how scientifically that’s possible. I get how you can lose that many centimetres and not lose kilos? Eventually I have to lose kilos right? Right? I am *this* close to hoovering a packet of protest Tim Tams.
– People who won’t apologise when they’re wrong. I saw a young woman in a car going SPARE at a poor cyclist yelling at him for not being in the bike lane. The thing is, he WAS in the bike lane. It’s a weird road where the bike lane changes from the left hand side to the middle of the road. He was pointing at the green bike lane he was stopped in and she was still yelling at him to move. She then sped of while yelling out the window and giving him the finger. It made me really sad – he didn’t do anything wrong, she was wrong and ruined his day by yelling at him. I wish there was a way to fix stuff like that.
Oh also – it’s podcast day! Today Kelly and I are talking about being messy and whether or not it’s really that bad…
What about you? What things are you loving and loathing right now?
Are we mates on Facebook yet?