My Healthy Winter Breakfast post was pretty popular (popular enough for me to have received three emails from different readers outlining just how extraordinary it made their number twos) so I’m going to chronicle one meal a week that I cook, here on the blog. Although I can’t guarantee improved bowel function from all of them. Last night I made gluten-free rissoles and a pancetta pine nut salad with delicious ingredients that I bought at the markets.
Here’s how I did it.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1kg of lean beef mince
1 cup of gluten-free bread crumbs
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup roughly shredded parmesan cheese
70gms pine nuts
2 or 3 large slices of pancetta
Salt and pepper
What To Do
1. Mix all rissole ingredients in a large bowl. I generally squish it all up with my hands instead of using a spoon. It mixes it really well and it’s more fun than using a spoon.
2. Divide into 8 equal parts and shape into rissoles.
3. Heat some cooking spray in a large frying pan. Cook rissoles on both sides until cooked through. Should be around ten minutes all up.
4. Remove from pan and leave to drain on paper towel.
1. Take a few good handfuls of rocket leaves and place a serving bowl.
2. Fry pine nuts in a small saucepan until brown. Do not walk away from the pan while you are doing this because they burn really quickly.
3. Top the rocket leaves with pine nuts, roughly grated parmesan and pancetta. Toss some oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper though the salad.
Done! It shouldn’t take longer than around twenty minutes to prepare this meal.
The salad is exceptional and a fantastic way to entice boys into eating lots of leafy greens!