Don’t worry my darlings… my hippy phase ended circa 2001, when I realised how scruffy my wrist load of Tree of Life fake prayer bracelets looked and how truly awful incense is.
However, thanks to the New York and Paris fashion week street style photos, I’m having a hankering for a truckload of jumbled wrist candy, resplendent from forearm to elbow. I’m not talking about scrappy friendship bands and base metal bangles, I’m talking about a finely curated collection of arm art.
Here are a few tips on how to wear this tricky trend without looking like you spent winter at a Buddhist meditation camp.
* Add some sparkle. A diamante bracelet or high polished sterling silver bangle ought to do the trick.
* Stack your bracelets in and around a chunky, man style watch. Business casual. All over it.
* Carry a natty little clutch. Or rest your woven-clad wrist on a structured shoulder bag.
* Make sure your nails are perfectly polished. In a dark moody hue or a lolly bright pop.
* Wear heels. A dress. Lace. Anything feminine. The juxtaposition between dressy and casual will be marvelous.
Stay tuned for a macrame bracelet DIY.