If you’ve been reading Smaggle for a while you’ll know that I’m a yes woman. There’s time for everything, there’s time for everyone and there’s no such thing as impossible. I have a giant gob and I take massive chomps of life, always taking a second bite before I swallow the first. Usually this life attitude works for me but this week is crunch week and all of my commitments have collided and I’m feeling myself starting to choke a little. Here’s how I’m coping and how you can too…
Why don’t you…?
1. Prioritise? Really prioritise? In a few months time what will you remember? Missing that important work deadline? Or the fact that you didn’t do the dishes for three days straight?
2. Make time to exercise? Realise that the precious hour you ‘waste’ at the gym might well make you twice as efficient later on? And keep your stress at bay?
3. Have Power Hour? Give yourself one full hour to do all those tasks that are plaguing you? Pay your phone bill? Make an appointment? Write your emails? Knock it all over in that magic time frame and clear your head for more important things?
4. Work steadily? Don’t rush, don’t dawdle, just do it? At a regular and sensible pace?
5. Have a strict bedtime? And stick to it?
6. Allow your friends to intervene? Especially if you haven’t seen a three dimensional person in 48 hours?
7. Take a break?
8. Remember that your situation is not permanent? Will you always have that assignment due? Will you always be applying for jobs? Will you always be working 16 hour days? No? Then why not power through the short term problems?
9. Take care of yourself? Realise that stress is worse when you look it?
As you can tell this week is out of control. Thank you to everyone who has emailed this week, I’ll get back to you as soon as possible! Also for those of you that are interested there are two new Lustable articles up. How to Accessorise an LBD and Smaggle Embraces French Fashion.
And thank you to everyone who replied to my Can I get a Consensus? Do you have a signature fragrance? Or do you like to mix it up? post. You made me feel like I was unnecessarily hung up on the signature fragrance idea so I’ve ordered some samples from LuckyScent so I can buy even more perfume! Delish!
Oh and how have you been?