How do you feel about New Year resolutions?
Personally, I love them but I like to save them for February. I know that sounds bananas but hear me out.
January, as a month, sucks balls. Everyone is tired, hungover, not at home, surrounded by people they’re not usually surrounded by and everything is a mess. The gym isn’t open and neither is your favourite cafe. There’s no routine. It’s a weird, floaty, chaotic month.
Of course you might be on holidays in which case January is awesome but there’s not really much getting done.
Which is totally fine. I just question why there’s the obsession with the first of January as the magic day when we get our shit together and it’s probably the worst time ever to make any lasting changes.
So I declare 1st February the Real New Year. You in?
In this episode I chat about…
- New Year resolutions with my mate Chrissy from Hair Romance – I love them, she doesn’t
- A listener shares how she’s ALREADY failed her one New Year Resolution for 2021
- The story of how my life changed forever because I broke a New Year Resolution… twice
- How the 1st of January came about – because it didn’t always exist
- How New Year Resolutions even became a thing
- Statistics that prove how terrible we all are at keeping our New Year resolutions
- How February 1st in the real first day of the year and I’m willing to die on that hill
- Ways to gently and sensibly set some good goals for habit building starting on Feb 1st
If you’re keen to ‘start’ 2021 off on the right foot, this episode is for you.
Links mentioned in this episode
Reviews and ratings make the podcasting world go around – I’d absolutely love it if you could review the podcast here.
Don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter. I’ve started sending weekly newsletters again and they’re full of useful things!