I’m always looking for a carbohydrate ‘replacement’ for dinner as I don’t do too well with stodgy food before bed time. What can I say? I’m a granny.
This recipe is a nice little substitute when you’re feeling like Italian food but don’t want to eat pizza or pasta.
What You Need (serves 4 to 6)
8 Portobello mushrooms
Olive oil spray
1 kilo of beef mince
1 large zucchini, diced
1 large carrot, diced
4 spring onions, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil (or a decent squeeze of basil in a tube)
Fresh grated parmesan cheese
What to do
1. Preheat your grill. Place mushrooms on a baking paper covered tray. Spray with olive oil and grill on each side until cooked through.
2. Heat a decent spray of olive oil in a large pan. Stir fry spring onions until fragrant. Add beef. Stir fry until brown.
3. Add crushed garlic and basil. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Add carrot and zucchini. Stir fry until soft.
4. Remove Portobello mushrooms from grill. Spoon beef combo on to mushrooms and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Return to grill for a few minutes until cheese melt.
5. Serve on a bed of baby spinach if you’re pretending to be a contestant on Master Chef. It’s called ‘plating up’, FYI.