Alright it’s confession time. As annoying and potentially harmful as she is, I actually don’t mind Paris Hilton. Ever since her tanned little behind starting strutting around the social pages of my favourite trash mags I have been a little obsessed with her bling things. You know bling things? Those little devices that she carries around. They could be phones, ipods or Blackberries but you’re never sure which because you’re blinded by the sparkle covering them. After recently killing my beautiful classy gold phone that I loved with all my heart and soul I decided I couldn’t bear to replace her with something similar. My past phone was indeed a Duchess. My new phone shall be a Queen… A Drag Queen.
Here is the before shot. A normal innocent pale pink generic Nokia. $100 outright. I’m guessing you all know what’s about to happen. Are the tiny piles of enticing sparkle giving it away?
Oh shit yes. That’s one hell of a bling phone. I LOVE IT!!!
Here are a few tips if you wish to give Paris a run for her money…
* Use iron-on gems. I don’t mean to actually iron them on. That would be stupid. Glue them as normal. I just found that the iron-on ones were of better quality because they are designed to be put on garments are therefore more hard wearing.
* Make the commitment. Either you want to sparkle or you don’t. Don’t be messing around with lame glue because you might change your mind. Sparkling your phone is like getting a tattoo. It’s a life time choice. For the life of the phone at least. I used cement glue. It’s almost like super glue but it doesn’t bond your skin. Which is good if you are little bit special like I am.
* Keep your phone in a case. I always did before but it’s even more important to take care of your sparkle. Nothing looks worse than a Drag Queen cut down in her prime. Keep your lady looking tops – replace missing sparkles and keep her in tip top shape.
* Plan out your pattern first and then glue. That way you can figure out how many will fit in your pattern and what will look good on your phone.
* I may have glued a few gems over the camera lens. But I realised this immediately and removed them. So don’t do that. I may also have put gems on the hinge of the phone so that when I opened it they all bunched up in a chunk of glue and gems. So don’t do that either.
Happy sparkling ladies!
Love Lady Smaggle