Yesterday was not the greatest day. Not for any particular reason I was just hideously tired and busy and emotionally drained after a really hectic weekend. I dragged myself home at midnight after spending the evening with one of my gorgeous (but incredibly exhausting) friends and I came home to find this…
On the end of my bed. I immediately thought that some freak had figured out where I live and had hand-delivered a package of dirty underwear and fingernail clippings. So I very gingerly opened it and inside I found copy of Vice magazine and a hand written note requesting the pleasure of my company for a vanilla tea at Cafe Essen one afternoon this week from my mate Az. SOOOO much better than skid-marked undies. He is visiting from Melbourne so the package was a mega surprise.
I also received a package from my friend Tae who made these gorgeous earrings for me a while ago that I absolutely adore. These earrings are so special that I keep them in my special jewellery box with all my super special stuff. It turns out that my ‘special’ jewellery box is actually a jewellery death trap. I managed to close the lid on one of the earrings and it crunched and stopped spinning. I finally owned up to Tae on the weekend and told her how devastated I was and yesterday I received a new earring in the post!
God damn it my friends are FREAKING AWESOME!!!
So here are a few friendship inspired Smaggle tips of the day…
* Send your friend something in the post. Seriously. You have NO IDEA how lovely it will make them feel.
* Write your lover a note asking them out on a special date and slip it into their pocket or handbag before they leave for work. They’ll find it by accident during the day and I promise they will be thrilled.
* Bake a slice every time you go to a party. I’ve been doing this recently and it’s such a lovely old-fashioned thing to do. Plus it makes me feel tops when I leave with an empty plate!
* Share your snacks with a work colleague. Browny and I share everything – oranges, apples, biscuits – and it’s really lovely to be sitting at your desk and have someone hand you half an orange or a few dates.
* Kiss and hug your friends every time you see them.
* Tell a friend that you really appreciate them. It sounds really soppy and it’s sometimes awkward but it’s really good to hear that your friends appreciate you.
So thanks Tae and Az! I love you both long time!
Love Lady Smaggle