We’re on a tight deadline counting down to Christmas so it’s important to take a few moments to do something lovely. Pick one or two (or all!) of these lovely things to give your day an awesome boost. Please do it, no matter how stressed you are. Everyone deserves to take some time out.
Why don’t you?
1. Brew yourself an espresso before you go to bed? Chill it overnight? Pop it in the blender with a dash of milk and ice? A tiny splash of chocolate sauce? Have a homemade mocha frappucino to kick-start your morning?
2. Knit? Or crochet? A chunky scarf? Some mismatched socks? A delicious throw rug?
3. Blow up a balloon? In your office? See how long you and your work colleagues can keep it air born?
4. Wrap up all your Christmas presents in pages torn from an old atlas? Botany books? Vintage Vogues?
5. Air pop your own popcorn for a healthy snack? Make your own fancy flavours? Chilli lime? Garlic? Chicken salt?
7. Store your pantry items in pretty mason jars? Write labels on them with gorgeous glass pens?
8. Instead of running errands in your lunch break, have a nap? Under a tree? In your car? Properly recharge for the afternoon?
9. Book a weekend away for this time next year? And the next year? And the next year? So you always have something lovely to look forward to?